News & events
We have had a persistent, intermittent telephone fault which has not been resolved despite several KCOM visits.
On Saturday 16th December our phones will be off, hopefully only for a couple of hours, to try to rectify the fault.
If you have any difficulty getting through on 01482 875004, please call 07747 710317 (or text for quickest response). Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR OPENING 2017/18
OPEN Friday 22nd December 2017
OPEN Saturday 23rd December 2017
CLOSED Monday 25th December 2017 (Christmas Day)
CLOSED Tuesday 26th December 2017 (Boxing Day)
OPEN Wednesday 27th December 2017
OPEN Thursday 28th December 2017
OPEN Friday 29th December 2017
OPEN Saturday 30th December 2017
CLOSED Monday 1st January 2018 (New Years Day)
OPEN Tuesday 2nd January 2018 (normal surgery hours resume).
Booking service is available as usual over the holiday period.
Happy Christmas and New Year from all at Wadsworth Osteopaths.
A warm WELCOME to osteopath Dianne King who has joined the practice.
Dianne has been practicing as an osteopath in London for the last 6 years. She has moved up to Hull with her family and will be working with us at our Beverley and Cottingham surgeries.
Dianne graduated with a Master’s degree from the British College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2010. She has a particular interest in treating Sports Injuries and took a leading role in providing osteopathy during the London Olympics and Paralympics in 2012. She is also experienced in giving postural and work station advice for employees and treating a wide variety of work related conditions.
For appointments call our 24/7 booking line 01482 875004.
Apples for Alzheimer's
We are proud to announce that we have raised £265.80 for the Alzheimer’s Society over the last few weeks. This breaks our previous record last year.
The Bramley apple tree at the back of the Cottingham surgery has produced a huge crop this year. Baskets and boxes of apples were left in the waiting room at our Beverley and Cottingham surgeries.
A big thank you to everyone who took apples and donated to Alzheimer’s.
At Wadsworth Osteopaths we are keen to promote health awareness. We are holding a series of talks in schools to help children understand how best to keep themselves fit and well.
Healthy habits started early in life will pay dividends in the future.
A range of different talks are available for different age groups.
If you would like us to talk to one of the classes in your school please contact: Robert Wadsworth email@example.com 0774 771 0317
1. Promoting Healthy Lifestyle
• Healthy diet
- Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins
- Different exercise programmes to suit different levels of fitness
- Body types
- Muscle types: Red and white fibre muscle for short burst and endurance activity
- Training programmes
• Smoking, Alcohol, Drugs
- Health risks associated with legal and illegal drugs
• Noticing when something is wrong – PAIN: when is it normal, when does it need to be dealt with
- Dealing with injury & self help
- Normal healing
- When I need help
2. The Human Body and How it Works
• The skeleton: 'Dead Bod' - can you put the bone back where it belongs?
• The spine: 4 legs vs 2 legs
• Weak joints and strong joints
• Sitting too long can reduce your lifespan: 6hrs TV per day over lifetime can shorten your life by 4.8years
• Increased risk of: Diabetes, heart disease, cancers, osteoporosis, DVT
• Back pain
• What can I do?
- Reduce sitting overall, incorporate more movement into you life
- Alternate between sitting and standing, where possible get up every 20mins
- If you have to sit for longer periods
- Shift in your seat
- Use calf muscle pump
• Growing bones
• Carrying and posture
• Even loading
• Clear out
3. How do I rate myself?